Greetings From La Gomera, Part IIDecember 13, 2016
The Difference A Day MakesDecember 15, 2016
Figuring out the best way to fundraise for your favorite charity can be challenging. People want to give, but they get many solicitations from different causes. The good news is that How Far Would You Go/ FlipGive (HFWYG/FG) is different from many other fundraising platforms. Your supporters don’t need to dig into their pockets to support you – instead they can support you by doing shopping they would already do!
Here are some tips to effectively use HFWYG/FG as a tool to raise funds:
- Send a personal appeal to your supporters – via email, social media and direct conversation – and explain to them you are raising funds for your charity through HFWYG/FG, a shop-to-give site.
- Email and direct conversations are the best way to spread the word.
- Easy-to-use “Share” button allows you to spread the word about your campaign quickly.
- With one click you can share your campaign via
- Print a poster
- Embed your campaign into your blog or your charity’s website.
- The secret to your fundraiser’s success is telling as many people as possible – the more people check out your campaign, the better. Every transaction matters as it provides funds for your cause!
- Share several times over the life of your campaign to keep it fresh in people’s minds. Promote special offers or occasions – ex “Double the love this Valentine’s Day – buy your flowers on HFWYG/FG and support your cause”. We can help you with this.
Once you educate your supporters on how it works, they will be amazed at how easy it is to help you raise funds. Let them know:
- You aren’t asking them for additional funds – you are asking them to shop through your website with retailers they are accustomed to shopping with;
- Site is very easy to navigate and only takes a few seconds before they are shopping on the same websites they always shop on;
- There are a wide variety of retailers on the site to meet many of their on-line shopping needs (See “Ideas for Maximizing your Campaign’s Experience”).
- Each retailer gives a different percentage back to your cause – ranges from 2% to 50% with most giving between 5-10%.
- It’s easy to track – once your supporter shops, it takes up to 48 hours to show up on your campaign – it’s fun to watch the funds raised bar go up as you make a difference just by shopping.
- Funds raised go directly to your charity, not to an individual.